Depending on the department group, the Mechanical Design Engineer’s job includes a combination of these responsibilities:
- Specify and Design the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Use state of the art Design Methods and Construction Principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a Technical and Supply Chain perspective.
- Drive the Qualification of the design by contributing to the Specification of Tests and the Design and Realization of Test Equipment.
- Ensure that Prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Deliver the Technical Product Documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
- The Senior Design Engineer typically coaches design engineers and is responsible for a larger module.
Education: Bachelor, Masters in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a background in either:
- Fundamental Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Precision, Micro, Nano-Engineering
- Mechatronics (Mechanical Principles)
- Mechanical Measurement & Control
The successful candidate preferably also has:
- Fluent English understanding and communication skills
- Education and Experience in the Application of Construction Principles
- Ability to make Stiffness and Strength Calculations
- Well-developed Analytical ability
- Ability to Design Concepts and a Pragmatic Attitude
- Capability to Translate concepts into Practical Designs that meet the specified requirements
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Unigraphic
- Knowledge or Experience within the following competences: Fatigue of Elastic Elements, Advanced Materials (Ceramics, Glass, Compositions), Joining Technologies: Fasteners, Adhesives, Welding etc.
- Critical on results
- Creative thinking capability
- Team player