Depending on the department group, the Mechanical Engineer’s job includes a combination of these responsibilities:
– Specify and Design the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
– Use state of the art Design Methods and Construction Principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a Technical and Supply Chain perspective.
– Drive the Qualification of the design by contributing to the Specification of Tests and the Design and Realization of Test Equipment.
– Ensure that Prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
– Deliver the Technical Product Documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
– The Senior Design Engineer typically coaches design engineers and is responsible for a larger module.
Bachelor, Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a background in either:
– Fundamental Mechanics
– Mechanics of Materials
– Precision, Micro, Nano-Engineering
– Mechatronics (Mechanical Principles)
– Mechanical Measurement & Control
The successful candidate preferably also has:
– Education and Experience in the Application of Construction Principles
– Ability to make Stiffness and Strength Calculations
– Well-developed Analytical ability
– Ability to Design Concepts and a Pragmatic Attitude
– Capability to Translate concepts into Practical Designs that meet the specified requirements
– Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Unigraphics.
– Knowledge or Experience within the following competences:
– Fatigue of Elastic Alements
– Advanced Materials (Ceramics, Glass, Compositions)
– Joining Technologies: Fasteners, Adhesives, Welding etc.
– Critical on results
– Creative thinking capability
– Team player