(Starter) Industrial SCADA / Software Engineer (Breda region)
Our client has been active for more than 30 years as a professional systems integrator for industrial automation and production management software projects. Our goal, in close cooperation with our clients, is to increase their production and efficiency, and thus maximizing their competitiveness. The added value is a close, enthusiastic and dynamic team of highly trained employees and their in-depth product and process knowledge. Key concepts of our approach are teamwork and partnership in relationship to both customer and suppliers. In order to strengthen the software development team within the Industrial IT business unit, they are looking for a passionate Industrial SCADA / Software Engineer.
- You will work closely with clients and the internal projectleader for the overall project.
- You will analyze, in cooperation with the projectleader, the customer needs and requirements and translates this into a functional description.
- You keep abreast of the latest technologies and apply them to your projects.
- You carry out required testing; possibly in collabaration with the customer.
- Our client is active in various industrial divissions which means you are open to new challenges. And in time, there are advacement possibilities to project manager and solution architect.
- You develop software to control and visualize industrial processes (HMI, SCADA).
- You implement data logging and processing of the industrial processes (Historian, SQL, SSRS).
- You have a higher technical (Bachelor or Master) degree or equivalent experience.
- Work experience is not required. Starters/ recent graduates are invited to apply.
- You are flexible and stress resistant.
- You have a good knowledge (oral and written) of the English.
- You possess an interest in the development of industrial applications (SCADA, Historian, SQL, …).
- Knowledge of the GE Proficy IP suite (Historian, Cimplicity, iFix, Workflow …) is a plus, but not required.
- You are a strong analytical and conceptual thinker.
- You stay to be up-to-date on technological- and software developments.
- Integration of bar code scanners, RF-ID readers or other peripherals are an interesting challenge for you.
- Creativity: You are creative and inventive in rendering customer requirements into appropriate industrial software solutions.
- Self-Analysing: You possess a healthy dose of self-critique in your work in order to achieve a vigorous solution.
- Listening ability: You are able to instantly distill underlying ideas or problems from a conversation (with customer, supplier or team member).
- Problem solving ability: in problem situations, you are able to clearly and concisely identify the main issue without getting lost in the details.
- Speaking Ability: the ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas and thus avoid misunderstandings and delays.
- Writing Skills: support software projects based on coherent documents that clearly describe designs and interfaces.